The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has indefinitely suspended a coronavirus testing program that has been highly praised by billionaire Bill Gates. The Seattle Coronavirus Assessment Network (SCAN), in part backed by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, had been testing about 300 people per day before the FDA shut down the program,
according to Reuters. The program allowed Seattle residents to swab themselves in a test and send the nasal samples to a lab.
In a statement posted to its website, SCAN said officials for the program are working with FDA regulators to resume the program.
“The Food & Drug Administration (FDA) recently clarified its guidance for home-based, self-collected samples to test for COVID-19. We have been notified that a separate federal emergency use authorization (EUA) is required to return results for self-collected tests. The FDA has not raised any concerns regarding the safety and accuracy of SCAN’s test, but we have been asked to pause testing until we receive that additional authorization,” the statement said.
We have been in conversation with the FDA since March 1st and hope to have our EUA soon. We initiated the process to authorize our lab-developed test and self-swab kit on March 23rd and, in accordance with the EUA process and timeline, submitted data to secure federal authorization on April 13th. We are actively working to address their questions and resume testing as soon as possible.
We are pleased to see the FDA’s recent clarifications regarding provisions for home-based self-collection of diagnostic samples in specific circumstances. This paves the way toward expanding access to safe, reliable, convenient, and scalable testing options across the country.
- COVI-PASS Digital Health Passport Certified By The United Nations Uses Your Biometric Markers To ‘Facilitate Safe Return’ To Global Society
- California Gov. Newsom adds new restrictions on churches as hundreds vow not to comply
- Mitt Romney Defends ‘Friend’ Scarborough From Trump Attacks
- Top CDC official says “get rid of all the whites in the United States” to force vaccines on everyone else
- Epstein attorney : It Was Homicide, But I Don’t Know Who Killed Him
- Mail carrier charged with attempted election fraud for allegedly altering mail-in ballots
- Gates Foundation Buys Stock in Google, Twitter, Apple and Amazon in First Quarter Before Pushing Pandemic Panic Porn
- Death certificates should recognize ‘climate change,’ study claims
- Some inmates released due to COVID-19 went on to allegedly commit crimes including murder
- CBS Caught Using Photo From Ukraine In 2016 In Their ‘Panic Porn’ On Coronavirus In Children
- President Trump Tells Sharyl Attkisson In Interview To Air Sunday: “I Have A Chance To Break The Deep State”
- Trump considering panel to investigate social media bias
- AGENDA-21: As Americans Debate Over Reopening The Churches After COVID-19, Over 67,000 Convicted Felons Are Released And Crime Rate Skyrockets
- Donald Trump Calls on Jeff Sessions to Drop Out of Alabama U.S. Senate Race
- Soros Watch: Facebook Appoints “Soros Oversight Board” to Police Acceptable Online Speech in America
- Virginia Gov. Northam criticized after not wearing mask or social distancing on beach
- Islamic Call To Prayer Blaring 5 Times A Day During Coronavirus Lockdown Sparks Noise Complaints In Los Angeles (Video)
- Rockefeller Foundation white paper reveals plan to issue mark of the beast number to all Americans who wish to buy, sell, attend work, school, events
- Christian Church: The Falling Away From 2 Thessalonians Complete And Now We Wait For Confirmation On Man Of Sin
- Trump: “In America We Need More Prayer Not Less!” President Designates churches Essential States Must Open Up churches This Weekend!
We are grateful for productive partnerships with the FDA, the Washington State Department of Health, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as we continue to respond to this unprecedented and rapidly evolving outbreak.
In March, the Gates Foundation announced it would provide technical assistance for SCAN. In addition, a vaccine trial by Inovio was able to produce thousands of doses “in part thanks to backing from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, as well as funding from other nonprofits and organizations.”
Times are tight if you can’t donate I understand.You can also support me by sharing posts to your social media accounts. That will help a lot. Thanks!