Three people were shot at an Arizona outdoor mall Wednesday night, the Glendale Police Department confirmed. One suspect is currently in custody.
One victim is in critical condition, the other two have non-life threatening injuries. All are expected to survive.
The incident took place just before 7:25 p.m. local time at the Westgate Entertainment District in Glendale, just outside Phoenix.
When police arrived at the mall, the scene was no longer active, according to Glendale Police Department Public Information Officer Tiffany Ngalula. Officers said they located the suspect and took him into custody without further incident.
Ngalula said all surrounding businesses are still being asked to shelter in place so that authorities can check for additional victims, witnesses or “any other safety issues.” Police said they do not believe there are any additional suspects.
Police have not released the names of the victims or the suspect.
“Our hearts and prayers are with the individuals and families impacted tonight, as well as the first responders and police officers who are on the scene,” Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey said in a statement late Wednesday night. “The state is here to continue to offer its full support to the victims and to the community.”
There is no known motive at this time. Authorities also said they are aware of reports of disturbing social media videos from the alleged shooter and ask the public to submit them for evidence.
- Coronavirus Cancels Pelosi Husband’s Bohemian Grove Ceremony
- Missouri couple who defended home have rifle seized during police search
- President Trump Commutes Roger Stone’s Sentence
- Margaret Sanger Wanted to “Exterminate” Black People. Planned Parenthood Calls Her a “True Visionary”
- Gay Liberal CNN Host Don Lemon Says Jesus Christ Was ‘Not Perfect When He Was Here’ As Roman Catholic Chris Cuomo Nods In Agreement
- What a crock! D.C. Health Official: No New Cases of Coronavirus Linked to Protests
- Ilhan Omar Calls for ‘Dismantling’ the Core of the United States
- CDC admits COVID-19 ‘positive result’ just means you’ve previously contracted the “common cold”
- Black Lives Matter Leader Toronto Believes White People are Subhuman, Calls Them ‘Genetic Defects’ – Begs ‘Allah’ to Help Her ‘Not Kill White Folks’
- Mark Meadows :Trump is the only thing standing between Americans and the ‘mob’
- Peaceful Protest: BLM Thug Harasses, Threatens White School Kids On Their Trip To DC “F**k You Cracker A$$!” (Video)
- Corporations now FUNDING open terrorism across America with money funneling to Black Lives Matter extremists
- Charlie Daniels dead: Country music legend passes away after suffering stroke
- Bail Hearing For Jeffrey Epstein’s Ex-Girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell Set For Friday July 10
- Soros Set to Double 2016 Spending, Pouring $40 Million Into Super PAC
- SHADOWLAND’s Occult Pedophile Elite Are TERRIFIED That Ghislaine Maxwell’s Arrest Will Unearth Secrets They Hoped They Had Sent With Epstein To His Grave
- Pastor’s prophetic vision sees UN troops on the streets of America THIS YEAR, with entire cities destroyed and an economic collapse that plunges the nation into CHAOS
- 100-plus army of Heavily armed black militants demands “reparations” from whites during masked holdup
- Live: Trump holds Independence Day celebration at Mount Rushmore
- Where Is America In Bible Prophecy?
Authorities said this incident could have been much worse.
“We are thankful that this was not a larger scale tragedy,” Ngalula said at a media briefing. “We are thankful that there were no more than three victims or that there have not been any fatalities at this time.”
“There are no more reports of any active shooting. One suspect is in custody,” Glendale Police tweeted. “We are shutting down the Westgate area to ensure everyone is safe. Media staging will be at Cabelas parking lot.”
Please stay out of the #Westgate area. Preliminary info from our dispatch is there were at least two persons struck by gunfire and one person is in custody. PIO is enroute to the scene. Media staging for now will be West of the Arena.
— Glendale Police (@GlendaleAZPD) May 21, 2020
State Sen. Martín Quezada said he happened to be at the mall and witnessed the attack.
“I just witnessed an armed terrorist with an AR-15 shoot up Westgate. There are multiple victims,” he wrote on Twitter.
I just witnessed an armed terrorist with an AR-15 shoot up Westgate. There are multiple victims.
— Sen. Martín Quezada (@SenQuezada29) May 21, 2020
“I saw 2 victims with my own eyes,” Quezada added. “Not sure how many others I saw the shooter. Being told not to say anything else about details ’til I speak to police. I’m ok. Lots of shaken up people.”
Indoor malls in Arizona began to reopen on May 16, amid the COVID-19 pandemic, azcentral.com reported. Outdoor malls reopened days prior.
Times are tight if you can’t donate I understand.You can also support me by sharing posts to your social media accounts. That will help a lot. Thanks!