Republican Utah Sen. Mitt Romney defended MSNBC host Joe Scarborough Wednesday from President Donald Trump’s accusations that he was involved in the death of former congressional intern Lori Klausutis.
“I know Joe Scarborough. Joe is a friend of mine. I don’t know T.J. Klausutis. Joe can weather vile, baseless accusations but T.J.? His heart is breaking. Enough already,” Romney tweeted.
I know Joe Scarborough. Joe is a friend of mine. I don’t know T.J. Klausutis. Joe can weather vile, baseless accusations but T.J.? His heart is breaking. Enough already.
— Mitt Romney (@MittRomney) May 27, 2020
Trump has repeatedly called for an investigation into Klausutis’ death, implying that foul play was involved. Klausutis died in 2001 at the age of 28 due to an apparent head injury. Her widower T.J. asked Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey to have the president’s tweets taken down, accusing Trump of “disparaging the memory of my wife and our marriage.” Twitter declined to remove the tweets, but did add a fact check label to some of Trump’s other tweets, leading the president to accuse the social media giant of anti-conservative bias.
Trump has faced criticism from the right and the left for implying that Scarborough played a role in Klausutis’ death. The right-leaning Wall Street Journal editorial board took the president to task Wednesday, accusing him of “hurting the country” with his calls to investigate the MSNBC host.
- Live: Trump holds Independence Day celebration at Mount Rushmore
- Where Is America In Bible Prophecy?
- Communist China providing automatic weapons to Antifa, Black Lives Matter… some stored in democrat-run government buildings including East End Complex Capitol building in Sacramento – Block 174
- Bill Gates ‘Guinea Pigs’ : Protesters In Africa Reject COVID-19 Vaccine From GAVI Alliance,
- Lift Every Voice and Sing ‘Black national anthem’ to be played at every NFL Week 1 game
- Ed Henry Responds After Being Fired by Fox News
- Charges Against Pedophile Jeffrey Epstein Confidante Ghislaine Maxwell Unsealed
- ANTIFA Fascists Planning Nationwide July 4TH Civil Disruption Events Across The Country
- Priyamvada Gopal: Change.org Defends ‘White Lives Don’t Matter’ Professor
- Rinos: Former George W. Bush officials form new group to back Biden
- When’s the earliest you could get another stimulus check? How the timing could shake out
- BREAKING: Black Lives Matter upgrades Rules of Engagement to “shoot people in vehicles” — protester shoots unarmed elderly man in a vehicle; CHAZ “security” opens fire on black teens in Seattle
- Biden Says He Will Reverse Trump’s Tax Cuts
- Tim Scott blasts ‘liberal Democrats’ for sending him racist messages: ‘Audacious, repugnant behavior’
- Texas hospital starves quadriplegic COVID-19 patient to death against wife’s protests
- BREAKING: Thousands of guillotines pre-positioned across America for left-wing terrorists to execute conservatives, Christians and Whites in the unfolding CIVIL WAR
- Obama: Protests are ‘Tailor-Made’ to Help Biden’s Election Chances Says Report
- Fox TV network Is Broadcasting An Anti-American Message Of Hate On July 4th By Nation Of Islam Cult Leader Louis Farrakhan?
- Dumbed Down: 8th Grade Exam From 1912 Shows How Much Education Has slipped
- In Michigan, House Passes Bill To ‘Voluntarily’ Begin Placing Human Implantable Microchips Into The Bodies Of All State Government Employees
“We don’t write this with any expectation that Mr. Trump will stop. Perhaps he even thinks this helps him politically, though we can’t imagine how,” the Editorial Board wrote. “But Mr. Trump is debasing his office, and he’s hurting the country in doing so.”
At least it’s not the “sell out your party and your country” kind of hurt Mitt.
Times are tight if you can’t donate I understand.You can also support me by sharing posts to your social media accounts. That will help a lot. Thanks!