The National anthem: The radical Left is now demanding that ‘The Star Spangled Banner’ be removed and replaced by something more politically correct.
Citing a report form from the ACLU calling Key “an avowed white supremacist,” Yahoo! music writer Lyndsey Parker poised the inflammatory question in an article that notes a statue of the famed songwriter was toppled during a protest in San Francisco last week. That report states Keys was raised by a slave-owning family in Maryland who allegedly characterized African-Americans as an “evil that afflicts a community.”
It’s Powell’s feeling that if the patriotic soundtrack that became the national anthem in 1931 offends any part of society today, “It’s time to just throw it away.”
If you haven’t figured things out by now, the ‘fight to end racial injustice’ on the radical Left is actually a fight to destroy the United States of America. The keen-eyed observer will notice that along with Confederate statues being torn down, statues of legitimate American heros like Abraham Lincoln, Ulysses S. Grant and Teddy Roosevelt are also being targeted. What does that tell you the real target is? That’s right, it’s America that they hate.
But oh-how-selective their manufactured rage really is. The Democratic Party is the party of slavery, it is the party that created the Ku Klux Klan, but those factoids go undiscussed by the Liberal-controlled media. Under the false pretense of fighting racism, the Marxists that run Black Lives Matter are calling for “black liberation and black sovereignty, by any means necessary“. What does that sound like to you? If you guessed “civil war”, congratulations, you took the red pill. If you had any other answer, you’ve been blue-pilled, please go back to sleep. It will all be over soon, and you’ll wake up in chains.
FROM NY DAILY NEWS: With racially insensitive statues being torn down nationwide, a music writer struck a chord Thursday by wondering if “The Star Spangled Banner” should represent the U.S. considering the politics of its author, Francis Scott Key. The conversation is sparking debate from sea to shining sea.
Citing a report form from the ACLU calling Key “an avowed white supremacist,” Yahoo! music writer Lyndsey Parker poised the inflammatory question in an article that notes a statue of the famed songwriter was toppled during a protest in San Francisco last week.
New York City will allow a “Black Lives Matter” mural to be painted on the street in front of Trump Tower before July 4. //t.co/LnjhcoJ577
— Breitbart News (@BreitbartNews) June 26, 2020
That report states Keys was raised by a slave-owning family in Maryland who allegedly characterized African-Americans as an “evil that afflicts a community.” Yahoo! posed its question to historian and authors including Kevin Powell who said Keys was a close friend to President Andrew Jackson, whom Powell called the Donald Trump of his era.
“This was not just a person who just lived in the time period,” he said of Keys. “This is a person who helped define the time period.”
The story states “The Star-Spangled Banner” was inspired by a poem written by Key that included the line “No refuge could save the hireling and slave/From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave/And The Star-Spangled Banner in triumph doth wave/O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.”
IT’S POWELL’S FEELING THAT IF THE PATRIOTIC SOUNDTRACK THAT BECAME THE NATIONAL ANTHEM IN 1931 OFFENDS ANY PART OF SOCIETY TODAY, “IT’S TIME TO JUST THROW IT AWAY.” POWELL WASN’T THE ONLY ACTIVIST IN THE YAHOO! STORY WHO FELT THAT WAY.
Historian Daniel E. Walker said it was time to rethink the tune played before sporting events where athletes frequently kneel in protest to civil rights violations and leans toward doing away with it.
“We do it first because we knew what we were doing and we wanted to be sexist and racist,” Walker told Yahoo! “Now we do it under the guise of ‘legacy.’”
Fox News contributor and former South Carolina Congressman Trey Gowdy expressed skepticism about the nation changing its tune to such a great extent.
“WHAT STARTED AS A LEGITIMATE CONVERSATION ABOUT INEQUITIES IN OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM HAS NOW MORPHED INTO ‘LET’S JUST CHANGE THE ENTIRE COUNTRY AND CHANGE THE ENTIRE CULTURE,’” GOWDY SAID, ARGUING “CANCEL CULTURE” MAY BE GOING TOO FAR.
Liana Morales of West Harlem’s Urban Assembly School for the Performing Arts made news last week when she reportedly declined to sing the anthem at her school’s virtual graduation. Instead, she want with “Lift Every Voice and Sing,” which was first performed in 1900 to posthumously celebrate Abraham Lincoln’s birthday, according to PBS. The song is informally regarded by many as “the Black National Anthem.” READ MORE
- ANTIFA Fascists Planning Nationwide July 4TH Civil Disruption Events Across The Country
- Priyamvada Gopal: Change.org Defends ‘White Lives Don’t Matter’ Professor
- Rinos: Former George W. Bush officials form new group to back Biden
- When’s the earliest you could get another stimulus check? How the timing could shake out
- BREAKING: Black Lives Matter upgrades Rules of Engagement to “shoot people in vehicles” — protester shoots unarmed elderly man in a vehicle; CHAZ “security” opens fire on black teens in Seattle
- Biden Says He Will Reverse Trump’s Tax Cuts
- Tim Scott blasts ‘liberal Democrats’ for sending him racist messages: ‘Audacious, repugnant behavior’
- Texas hospital starves quadriplegic COVID-19 patient to death against wife’s protests
- BREAKING: Thousands of guillotines pre-positioned across America for left-wing terrorists to execute conservatives, Christians and Whites in the unfolding CIVIL WAR
- Obama: Protests are ‘Tailor-Made’ to Help Biden’s Election Chances Says Report
- Fox TV network Is Broadcasting An Anti-American Message Of Hate On July 4th By Nation Of Islam Cult Leader Louis Farrakhan?
- Dumbed Down: 8th Grade Exam From 1912 Shows How Much Education Has slipped
- In Michigan, House Passes Bill To ‘Voluntarily’ Begin Placing Human Implantable Microchips Into The Bodies Of All State Government Employees
- Twitch has suspended Donald Trump’s account
- Idaho Becomes 12th State on California’s List of Prohibited Places for Government-Funded Travel
- National Anthem: Radical Left Now Demanding That ‘The Star Spangled Banner’ Be Rewritten Saying ‘It’s Time To Just Throw It Away’
- Saharan dust cloud, Godzilla storm, arrives in US: photos
- Hispanic YouTuber Posts Disturbing Video Saying “We Need To Kill White People”
- Democrats Want John Wayne’s Name, Statue Taken off Airport
- Facebook As Company Agrees To Begin Blocking Conservative And Christian Articles And Videos In Massive Purge
The Star Spangled Banner By Francis Scott Key
The national anthem of America, the Star Spangled Banner, sung by one of the greatest voices in modern times, Whitney Houston.
DEBLASIO & BLM are the most powerful political force today! These aren’t protests. This is a totalitarian political movement and someone needs to save us from it. The Dems are looking to topple Trump and then destroy America! join me as we expose DEMSpic.twitter.com/R37Qi2rlNy
— iammix 🔔 (@iammix24) June 26, 2020
Be sure to check out the redesigned home page! All the news in one spot!