Democrat Rep. Ilhan Omar Tuesday called for complete dismantling of the American economy, which she described as a ‘system of oppression.’
Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar has called for the complete dismantling of the American way of life, which she described as a “system of oppression.”
“As long as our economy and political systems prioritize profit without considering who is profiting, who is being shut out, we will perpetuate this inequality,” the Democrat and “Squad” member said.
“We cannot stop at criminal justice system. We must begin the work of dismantling the whole system of oppression wherever we find it.”
Congresswoman Ilhan Omar says we can’t stop at the criminal justice system and we must dismantle other systems of oppression like the US economy and political system.
— Benny (@bennyjohnson) July 7, 2020
Omar’s comments apparently advocating for the dismantling of the entire American way of life were immediately pounced on by a number of prominent conservatives.
The Trump campaign also commented on her remarks.
“This is who Joe Biden takes orders from,” the Trump War Room Twitter account said.
This is who Joe Biden takes orders from. https://t.co/sECK5Ae3EA
— Trump War Room – Text TRUMP to 88022 (@TrumpWarRoom) July 7, 2020
“Does @joebiden agree with his supporter @ilhanmn that we need to dismantle the United States economy and political system?” Donald Trump Jr. tweeted.
— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) July 7, 2020
Others also laid into the Democrat on Twitter.
What is it called when a sitting member of U.S. Congress calls for the “dismantling” of the U.S. economy and the entire system??? pic.twitter.com/JsPwqMinwF
— Dinesh D’Souza (@DineshDSouza) July 7, 2020
I reject communism. https://t.co/to0QoJ7SdI
— Tom Fitton (@TomFitton) July 7, 2020
While Biden was viewed during the primary as a moderate Democratic alternative to Sanders, he is essentially tied to Omar and others in the party’s more radical wing, and has not yet released a statement condemning or supporting Omar’s Tuesday comments.
The comments from Omar are her latest attack on American institutions.
Since May, when George Floyd died while in police custody in her district in Minneapolis, Omar has been a vocal proponent of defunding the city’s police department.
Omar shunned ideas of reforming the department during an interview on CNN last month, stating, “you can’t really reform a department that is rotten to the root.”
Ilhan Omar again supports dismantling the Minneapolis Police Department, this time on CNN: pic.twitter.com/QhPoUDhurX
— Kyle Hooten (@KyleHooten2) June 15, 2020
“A new way forward can’t be put in place if we have a department that is having a crisis of credibility, if we have a department that’s led by a chief who’s suited for racism, if we have a department that hasn’t solved homicide — half of the homicides in Minneapolis police departments go unsolved,” she told CNN.
- INTERVIEW: John Moore “The Liberty Man” warns of Planet X fly-by, pole shift, asteroid impacts and government cover-ups
- COUP D’ÉTAT, COLOR REVOLUTION, MARXIST OVERTHROW, CIVIL WAR, COMMUNIST PLOT—Which is it?
- Neighbor reportedly rushes 5-year-old boy playing outside, puts a gun to his head, and executes him
- Wayne Dupree: We Need To Make A Conscious Stand Against Socialism Or Lose This Nation
- Rep. Ilhan Omar beats back Democratic primary challenge in Minnesota
- Assassination attempt? President Trump Pulled Out Of Briefing After Secret Service Shoots Armed Man Who Approached The White House Who Refused To Drop His Weapon
- ‘Major explosion’ in Northwest Baltimore kills one, traps others among leveled homes, firefighters union says
- Antifa terrorists in Austin, Portland just received a large cache of weapons in preparation for coordinated multi-city “TET offensive” against America
- Trump Stands Between You and the Poverty Democrats Want for You
- Chicago rocked by widespread looting caught on video after police-involved shooting
- American Companies that are no longer American
- Federal reserve Kashkari calls for 6-week economic shutdown to control coronavirus spread
- RUMORS SWIRLING: President Trump’s Recent Actions Indicate Something HUGE Is About to Drop
- What’s in President Trump’s four coronavirus relief executive orders?
- Nashville councilwoman wants attempted murder charges for people who don’t wear face mask, pass on COVID-19
- Trump signs executive order giving COVID-19 relief, benefits
- Bill Gates sounds the alarm on US coronavirus testing, rushing potential vaccine
- On The Same Day Bill Gates Launched Event 201 To War Game COVID-19, The Military World Games Opening Ceremony Was Held In Wuhan China
- ‘It’s a peaceful protest’ Trump tells reporter who accused unmasked supporters of breaking the law
- Ghislaine Maxwell ‘Boasted About Performing Sex Act On George Clooney,’ Epstein Accuser Claims
“There have been cases where they’ve destroyed rape kits. And so you can’t really reform a department that is rotten to the root. What you can do is rebuild,” she said.
Omar did not have any clear answers on what would replace the department, or who would enforce the rule of law in the city.
Be sure to check out the redesigned home page! All the news in one spot!
[ajax_load_more post_type=”post” max_pages=”2″ transition=”masonry” masonry_animation=”slide-up”]